We are lucky in this house that no body can any allergies or intolerance, however I know that many of you do and of course it is always good to try alternative dieters and healthy eating.
Vita, challenged Bloggers to come up with a breakfast recipe with Vita Coco Coconut Milk Alternative. A smooth and dairy free alternative to milk. It is quite thick unlike some coconut milks therefore can easy be used as a milk substitute in recipes.
I decided to try and make a Breakfast French Toast.
- Using a shallow dish, mash a ripe banana and a small handful of the blueberries with a fork. Add about a pint of Coconut Milk and give it a little whisk.
- Add half a teaspoon of Cinnamon mix in.
- Cut bread into triangles and leave to soak up for about ten mins.
- Add some oil to a pan and allow to heat. Then add the triangles pouring the rest of the mixture on top.
- I added some chopped Mint from the garden which brings out the flavour quite nicely.
- Fry on both sizes until just crispy.
- Finish with a little more cinnamon / mint and serve with some more Blueberries.
Matilda and Daddy loved it. So it was fab to have a go at a new healthy Breakfast. Search the # online and the Vita website for lots more ideas.
“This recipe is an entry into the Dairy Free Style Your Breakfast challenge with Vita Coco and Foodies100. See more great breakfast ideas at http://vitacoco.com/uk/”